Technology Projects Manager
Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP)
STVP is the entrepreneurship center of Stanford’s School of Engineering in the department of Management Science & Engineering. STVP is dedicated to accelerating entrepreneurship education through research, teaching, and outreach at Stanford and around the world.
Reporting to STVP’s Managing Director, the Technology Projects Manager drives the technical project development of STVP’s online tools and properties. The Technology Projects Manager establishes technical specifications, guides development teams, collaborates on content production, and oversees testing of new offerings and updates. The ideal candidate is a team player with a successful track record in technology project management, who is motivated to take initiative in a startup-like environment.
- Lead technical projects and translate feature/UX requests into technical specs.
- Set, manage, and communicate technology project roadmaps and timelines.
- Prioritize requests and manage relationships with third-party developers.
- Frequently communicate project updates to management and stakeholders.
- Complete and oversee system and infrastructure management tasks, including, but not limited to, management of servers, computers, and peripherals, group accounts, and application installations and upgrades.
- Work with Digital Media Producer to establish appropriate audio processing and video encoding standards and workflows for media capture.
- Provide IT support for the STVP team and Epicenter staff, as needed.
- Identify and evaluate new and emerging technologies, with specific emphasis on tools for the production, management, and distribution of content.
- Create and maintain documentation on technology management procedures.
- Evaluate and identify purchases of technology hardware with Finance Manager.
- Liaison to the department of Management Science & Engineering, the School of Engineering IT services group, and the Stanford developer community.
- Bachelor’s degree (or comparable years of work experience)
- 3 – 5 years of technology project management and systems administration experience, including developing projects scopes and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated superior project management skills.
- Strong understanding/skills relating to databases and system administration.
- Knowledge of network architecture and troubleshooting issues.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Strong familiarity with computer hardware, peripherals, and operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and to clearly articulate a vision for complex technical operations for non-technical audiences.
- Outstanding organizational ability, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects while tracking all details.
- Outstanding written, oral, and multimedia presentation skills.
- A deep interest or fluency in emerging technologies.
- Advanced degree in IT or educational technology related area.
- Academic technology related certifications.
- Project management certification.
- Experience developing and implementing media production workflows.
- Experience building technology projects for mobile environments.
- Experience working in higher education and/or supervising student teams.
If you are interested in the position, please email a cover letter and resume to Matt Harvey at email@example.com.